Misconception #1: I'll never be creative if I can't play the guitar to the standard I want.
You might be more gifted at creative work than at playing the guitar on a technical level. What if all those hours striving on the guitar to play pieces is going to waste? You could instead divert that energy to creative work, which can be much more fulfilling, rewarding and allow you to leave your mark.
Misconception #2: Creative work is mysterious and only highly trained musicians are able to compose easily.
The Creative Classical Guitarist (CCG) breaks down the hidden steps behind creativity: understanding music, practicing harmony, arranging and more. It's all laid out, step by step, in CCG - plus there's a community of like-minded guitarists to encourage, motivate and inspire you.
Even if you've had no experience, no ideas, no signs of creativity before - CCG can help you start creating the music of your dreams.
CCG comes with a fantastic app, making these tools and resources accessible from your phone or tablet.
The work of CCG members is being recognized by acclaimed guitarists and publishing houses. These are by guitarists who only recently started composing!
CCG has 4 main components that immerse you in the language of music, ensuring that you make massive progress and development:
1. Comprehensive COURSES detailing everything you need to be creative. All the exact tools, exercises, techniques, practical examples and more that you need.
2. Exciting LIVE EVENTS that are guaranteed to develop your musical skills and understanding. Play for each other, analyze pieces and understand them.
3. A vibrant and supportive COMMUNITY of like minded guitarists you can turn to for encouragement, guidance, answers and ideas.
4. Transformative RESOURCES that cover all the ground you'll ever need. Includes routines, exercises, video tutorials and more
Take the 7 steps that walk you through the key aspects of playing, music and creativity. These resources and courses are all available on CCG.
• This is achieved through weekly live classes and courses you can follow at your own pace.
Compose your own beautiful piece: Take the course 'Compose Your Dream Piece in 4 Simple Steps', which hundreds of guitarists have taken to compose their very own gorgeous piece.
Arrange any piece you desire for guitar: There's an in-depth course called 'Harmonize Any Melody Quick and Easy' that gives you a super easy to follow method to use to arrange for guitar.
• This is achieved through in-depth courses you can follow at your pace. An in-depth course called Sight Reading Made Simple walks you through the most crucial aspects of sight reading that are usually overlooked.
• This is achieved through weekly live sessions and tons of materials (articles, videos, etc.).
• This is achieved through articles and videos you can read/watch at your own pace. There's also an in-depth course available called Warm Up Exercises That Will Make Your Playing on Fire.
• You can also upload recordings of yourself anytime to help gain performance confidence.
• There are 3 sections: Technique, Harmony and History. All sections contain practical tasks and examples that you know and love (works by Tarrega, Bach, Barrios, etc.)
A lot of content is there for you to take at your own pace, whether you can commit 5 minutes a day or 2 hours a day, you'll be able to make great progress and have some tangible results at the end of it all.
Structure and ongoing learning are the keys. Every lesson or topic you cover is broken down into easy to follow and practical steps that you can instantly apply to your practice and/or creative work.
You can also follow structured pathways according to your interests and time commitment. These help you focus your time and attention to what matters most to you.
- These are primarily intended for playing repertoire and many people are now playing their own pieces.
- Topics including sevenths, substitutions and modulations are covered. Many members have written great short pieces using these compositional tools.
- Different types of pieces, including Allemandes, Sonatas and Mazurkas are studied and modeled, making it much easier for you to compose your very own!
- Many hours of in-depth video content and tons of articles
- Full access to all online courses
- Full access to all eBooks present and future
- 2x weekly Masterclasses
- 1 hour weekly analysis class
- Monthly Composition Workshops: learn how to write your own Allemande, Sonata, Mazurka, and more
All live sessions are recorded and available to watch anytime